IEXT224-4PH is a high performance LAN extender that utilizes a single pair of copper telephone wire or a simple coaxial cable and features remote power feeding ability with 4-port PoE switch (30W maximum all ports when remotely powered). If remote power is available, then the remote unit can provide 120W total PoE power (30W 802.3af/at on each Ethernet PoE port).
The IEXT224-4PH solves two problems in LAN extension applications: it overcomes the Ethernet 100 meters (330ft) TP cable limitation and installs a remote device without any extra power required. Several applications can instantly benefit from the application of IEXT224-4PH: IP surveillance with remote PoE IP cameras, VoIP networks with remote PoE IP phones or WiFi MDU/MHU networks with wired backbone. IEXT224-4PH is able to extend Ethernet to 1200 meters (3960ft) on a single copper pair or over an existing coaxial CATV cable and remotely power the 4-port PoE PSE switch. Data transmission, at 1200 meters, still has a respectable 28M/6.5Mbps DL/UP rate. The remote PoE power provided decreases with distance, so please consult the reach tables in the datasheet below to assess the power available at different distances. IEXT224-4PH is perfect when power is either unavailable or cost prohibitive at remote locations.
- High Power deliver up to 30W and up to 1.2KM phone line (AWG24)
- Support remote side Ethernet Port1~4 IEEE802,3at (30W for total PoE Power budget or 120W total PoE if power is present at remote site)
- Power and data extend the distance up to 1.2KM by existing twisted pair phone line (24AWG), power available decreases as reach is further, please check the tables available on datasheet
- Long Distance Speed up to 6.5M/28M (UL /DL ) @1.2KM using VDSL or Coaxial cable
- Wide transmission bandwidth data transmission simultaneous with power transport
- Surge Protection, Reverse polarity protection, Short circuit protection, IP30 Protection case
- DIN rail and Wall mounting, quick power and data rate reading with LED display
- Extreme hardening with operating temperature -40 to 75°C
- DIP settings for remote unit operating from line power or local power