Economy HDMI & IR over Twisted Pair Cable Extender
HDMI cables are great for transmitting audio and video signals short distances, but larger buildings and larger rooms often need electronics inline to ensure signal performance. Simply pulling a long HDMI cable or connecting multiple HDMI cables together can cause signal drop out, interference, pixelization and a host of other signal and performance problems.
The TL-TP50-HDIR replaces a traditional HDMI cable with active electronics designed specifically for sending video signals up to 165 feet. Plus, built-in IR control signal embedding allow you to also transmit IR commands from the remote room to the equipment rack or source device.
In actual practice, this means you can use the TL-TP50-HDIR to send audio and video signals from your source device (often a switcher, cable box, or DVD player) to your destination device (often a display or projector)?and?control the source device remotely…all using a single twisted pair cable. In other words, you can install your source device in a remote closet or cabinet and control it with the same remote control used for your display. Now that?s a clean installation!
Note the TL-TP50-HDIR require shielded twisted pair cable with shielded connectors.
- Requires shielded twisted pair cabling & shielded connectors
- Transmit HDMI & IR over a single twisted pair cable
- Extend 1080p HD up to 165 ft. (50m)
- Embedded IR control from the display to the source
- HDMI 1.4 compatible
- HDCP 1.4 compatible
- Deep color, DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD & 3D support
- HDMI local display loop out on the transmitter
- Built-in mounting ears
- Built-in EDID copying & configuration
- Run a shielded twisted pair patch cord with shielded RJ45 connectors between your source device and destination device.
- Connect the TL-TP50-HDIR transmitter (included in the package) to your source device with an HDMI cable.
- Connect the TL-TP50-HDIR receiver (included in the package) to your destination device with an HDMI cable.
- Optionally connect the IR control port if you require control signal extension.
- Connect the shielded twisted pair patch cord with shielded RJ45 connectors to the twisted pair input ports on the TL-TP50-HDIR transmitter and receiver.
- Connect the power supply (included in the package) to the DC 5V port on the TL-TP50-HDIR.
- Connect the power supply (included in the package) to an AC outlet or power source.
What comes in the package?
Each TL-TP50-HDIR package includes one transmitter, one receiver, two power supplies, one IR emitter and one IR receiver.?
Can I transmit signals longer than the specified maximum distance?
The maximum recommended distance for the TL-TP50-HDIR is 165 ft. for 1080p signals. We don?t recommend exceeding this distance, nor do we guarantee performance beyond the rated specifications.?
What if I am running 480i/p or 720p video? Can I send signals further than 165 ft.?
We really don?t recommend it. The product is designed to max out at 165 ft.?
Do I need to power the unit?
Yes, we include a power supply that needs to be connected to the TL-TP50-HDIR.?
Is shielding on the cable and connectors really necessary?
Yes. The TL-TP50-HDIR is particularly prone to outside interference, like electromagnetic (EMI) and radio (RF), because it doesn?t use HDBaseT technology.?
Seriously, is interference that big of deal?
You bet. Both electrical magnetic and radio frequency interference can wreak havoc on digital audio and video signals being transmitted over copper cables?and twisted pair cable (Cat 5e, Cat 6, etc.) is a copper-based system. Think of it as a giant antenna gobbling up all of the stray noise in your building. Shielded cable helps insulate the cable from the noise, and the shielded connectors help drain off any noise that?s collected?just make sure the shielding on the connectors is attached to the shielding on the cables.?
Man, EM and RF interference sounds terrible. Is there anything else I can do?
Absolutely?1) run your twisted pair cable in its own conduit; 2) keep electrical cables at least 1 ft. or 0.3m away from the twisted pair cable, and if you have to cross cables make sure to do so at a 90 degree angle; 3) don?t bundle the twisted pair cable with other cables that are carrying voltage (this includes electrical cables, speaker cables, and control cables).?
|Dimensions||8.5 × 6 × 2 in|